Thursday, March 17, 2011

Vanishing on 7th Street

Vanishing on 7th Street















I'm a big fan of Brad Anderson.  He directed two of my favorite horror movies of the last ten years, The Machinist and Session No. 9.  When I first saw this trailer I thought it looked really terrible.  Then I heard Brad Anderson directed and my spirits buoyed a little.  Then I watched it.  Oops. 
Basically, for reasons not even hinted at in the slightest, the power goes out and people disappear.  They leave behind little piles of clothes, false teeth, glasses, etc.  I wish the plot hadn't disappeared along with most of the population.  Or that when it did, it had left behind a few little tokens like, say, character development or realistic sounding dialogue.  But it didn't.  I barely got through it even though Brad Anderson did set up some creepy scenes with the weird shadow monsters or whatever they were.  Total dud.

No comments:

Post a Comment