Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Star Wars (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi)


Recently Lauren and I watched all three Star Wars movies.  They happened to be the ones that George Lucas took a giant CGI shit on then re-released but that was sort of just by accident.  We decided to watch them after having a debate about who the most popular character was.  She thought initially that it was Boba Fett and I disagreed though admitting that enthusiasts and readers of the novels probably have a greater appreciation of him.  I think it's probably Luke Skywalker, Yoda, or R2D2.  Or Han Solo I guess.  Anyway, we decided to watch the movies.
Obviously they hold up well.  If the ones we watched didn't have the new CGI stuff I would probably be even more enthusiastic about how well they look.  The model work and costuming are really pinnacle achievements.  While watching them, however, I was sushed many times and finally ordered to stop asking so many questions. So I did.  I just enjoyed watching them.  In the past I've pulled these movies apart (How'd they land those Imperial Walkers on Hoth without the Rebellion knowing? etc, etc) but this time I just enjoyed them.  I marveled at Billy Dee Williams' hair, I dug the way R2 scooted around and fired off light sabres to Luke, and I laughed at Wicket the Ewok.  Stay tuned for a few Star Wars posts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment