Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Buried

Buried















I know it's a little late for this one but I just got around to watching it.  I'd heard a lot about it so there weren't many surprises.  It is just Ryan Reynolds in a box for the whole movie.  He has a cell phone, a lighter, a pen, a flask full of alcohol, and, after discovering a little compartment, a glow stick and a note he must read while recording it with the phone.  The phone only has a few bars of power but he does get service.  It was a pretty taught thriller despite the utter lack of movement.  The director did a really nice job.  The dude in the box could have been any actor, but I give credit to Ryan Reynolds for being in this one.  I'm not sure if signed on after the movie was going to be made or if he used his credibility to help get it made.  I'd be impressed if it was the latter.  This movie also has a good ending.  There's been a dearth of those lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment