Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Town

The Town















The Town was really frustrating.  As much as I like a good heist flick, this just wasn't it.  I didn't really want to see it that bad but it has Chris Cooper in it and I have a rule where I see every movie with Chris Cooper in it. Turns out he only has a bit part and it was pretty stupid but the rule remains.  Anyway, Ben Affleck should've stayed behind the camera in this one, he just doesn't have the acting chops to pull off the sociopath with the heart of gold, which I will admit is hard to do since that person doesn't exist in real life.  He gets roundly out acted by Jeremy Renner who should find better stuff to be in besides this messy film.  It's Affleck's second directorial project and the second one he has set in Boston.  The first was much better, Gone, Baby, Gone, but this did have a few charms.  I really like Rebecca Hall although it was hard to buy her in this roll as a really oblivious woman who somehow managed to be made the manager of a bank. I think Affleck could make a really good movie but we'll see if he does.  I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment