Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D

Resident Evil Afterlife 3D













I drove up to Foothills to see this on the 3D IMAX screen pretty much just to check out the theater.  It was nice.  The sound was pretty amazing.  Probably the best sound in any theater in town and the screen was pretty nice too.  I still think the huge downstairs screen at the Loft is better but it can't match the sound.  This was also the first of the new 3D movies that I've seen.  It didn't really do anything for me. Some of the 3D effects were kind of cool, I guess.  I mean, it was a Resident Evil movie so I don't know what I was expecting.  Oh, wait, yes I do, nothing.  What did look pretty good was Tron Legacy in 3D.
The movie picked up pretty much where the last one left off and quickly proved that it didn't matter.  It was evident from the beginning that I was just going to be waiting for fucked up zombies to die in outlandish ways and maybe for some shit to blow up.  I didn't have to wait long to be underwhelmed by either.
One thing I noticed about these movies, I've seen them all and think for the most part they're a little underrated for what they are, is that the more lines Milla Jovovich has, the more inane and ridiculous the movie becomes.  In this movie she has a lot of lines.
Another thing I found out about the Foothills theater is that all movies during the week are five bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment