Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Your Highness

Your Highness










What a piece of shit.  Not even a piece, it's not even good enough to be a fully formed piece, it's diarrhea.  Every single actor in this movie deserves to be taken down a peg by some sort of low level service person.  Every nice thing I may have ever said about James Franco I now take back.  127 hours sucked.  I'll take a shitty movie from Natalie Portman, I guess, but Zooey Deschanel is digging a pretty big hole with this one.  Danny McBride wears out his welcome with me in this movie.  Completely wears it out.  I don't want anything from him ever again.  I won't be seeing anything with him attached in any way.  This movie is that putrid.  I hold him responsible on multiple levels since he both wrote and starred in it.  It seems like he and Franco are both playing retarded people.  Seriously, I think Franco and McBride are both playing someone with mental retardation.  My big question with the movie though is what's with all the gay jokes?  It's like 80 percent of the jokes.  In the 80's you might have had a movie with a couple of random gay jokes but this is like they found a movie to mask a whole bunch of really unfunny homophobia jokes.
That leaves me with David Gordon Green.  I guess it probably is fun to do movies with your friends.  I mean, I bet these guys had a ball filming this thing.  But Green made one of my all time favorite movies, George Washington, and a couple of decent follow ups before he saddled us with this garbage pile and the equally unfunny Pineapple Express.  What the hell is he doing?  The only reason I didn't walk out of this movie is that I was feeling a little depressed and this felt like a suitable penance for everything I had one wrong in my life.  It wasn't, it was too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment