Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The American

The American


















I liked The American.  I lot of people will criticize it for being to slow and lacking in action but I just didn't think it was that kind o movie.  I think it's misleading in representing itself as some kind of thriller.  It was kind of just an erotic travelogue wherein the main character found time to procure a weird rifle and then build a silencer for it all the while making it with a beautiful Italian prostitute.  I'm no expert or anything but I have to imagine the smaller the Italian village, the more homely the whores but maybe I've got it backwards.  Also, does anyone in American movies wear more expensive sunglasses than George Clooney?  He breaks out at least three pairs of sunglasses that cost more than a semester at Pima.  I guess he packed them in his hit man bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment